- All Uniterm Direct products are warranted against defects, for a period of 1 year (unless otherwise specified), starting from the date of the Uniterm Direct invoice.
- Any warranty returns needs to be accompanied by the tax invoice, or invoice number. No warranty returns will be accepted without a physical copy of the invoice, or at minimum the invoice number the item(s) were purchased on.
- Units are booked into RMA upon receipt at either the JHB or CPT branch and will go into testing for a period of 72 hours (business days), after which the client will be contacted with feedback on the unit. The client will be issued with a CRO number upon book-in.
- Unit warranty is a carry-in warranty. The customer is responsible for the return of all defective products and the costs associated with the return, and it is the client's responsibility to collect an item should it be repaired or replaced. Uniterm Direct is not liable for any transport costs and it is the sole responsibility of the client to return or collect any warranty items.
- Uniterm Direct at their discretion will repair or replace a product found to be defective during the warranty period. The sole responsibility of Uniterm Direct under this warranty shall be limited to the repair of this product, or replacement thereof, at the sole discretion of Uniterm Direct.
- If a unit can be repaired, it will not be swopped out/replaced by Uniterm Direct.
- Uniterm Direct will not repair warranty void or out of warranty items, nor send it back to the supplier.
- Uniterm Direct does not supply loan units. If an item needs to be sent back to a supplier, it will be done so for the client at our expense, however if the client requires a unit whilst their unit is with the supplier a replacement unit will need to be purchased and paid for.
- Any repair time given by Uniterm Direct for items that were sent back to supplier, is merely an estimate based on information supplied by the manufacturer and Uniterm Direct will not be bound by it.
- Uniterm Direct will not be held liable for any kind of data loss what-so-ever. It is understood that the client has made backups of all relevant data prior to returning an item.
- In the event of a returned unit being deemed faulty, Uniterm Direct will issue a replacement of the same or similar specification.
- No refunds will be considered in respect of the return of damaged or faulty equipment.
- Any repaired/replaced unit not collected within 30 days of the client being notified may be sold to defray costs.
Limitation of Warranty
This warranty does not apply to the product if:
- proof of purchase cannot be supplied (copy of tax invoice or invoice number),
- has been opened and/or altered, except by Uniterm Direct technical personnel,
- has been painted, written on or marked in way, shape or form,
- has been damaged due to errors or defects in cabling,
- has been subjected to abnormal physical or electrical stress, including but not limited to lightening strikes, power surges, water damage, misuse, negligence, or accidents,
- has any burn marks on the product, signs of corrosion or moisture,
- removal of MAC Address/serial number label or any other original label.
Due to external factors, power supplies are excluded from product warranties.