Universal PoE Tester
This device reports the type of PoE that is on an Ethernet cable via OLED display, with this device you can quickly find out what PoE method is available along with the approximate voltage, pinout and polarity. It can also be placed inline for constant monitoring on a cable.
You can use it with passive injectors, 802.3af, 802.3at, 802.3bt with 568A, 568B standards or reverse PoE polarity. Mode A and Mode B PoE is supported. If you are far from the PoE switch or injector – this convenient device will show if a port has power.
- Smaller. simpler, and smarter. Those three words express the whole philosophy behind our redesign of the classic PoE Tester.
- Ergonomic Body Design. A new curved body design that’s 25% smaller than the original PoE Tester makes the V7 easier to hold and use in every situation.
- High-quality LCD Display. The new scrolling LCD displays more information at once and can be read in full daylight.
- Simplified Operation. Thanks to automatic mode and polarity detection, V7 requires only one RJ45 input.
- 802.3bt Support. 4-pair testing capability makes it ready for the new IEEE 802.3bt PoE standard.
- Increased Testing Range. Measures DC power supply voltages from 3.5 to 57 volts and current up to 280 watts at 57 volts.
- 10/100 and gigabit data rates
- Data passes without modification through the tester
- An RF transformer separates the power and data from all 4 pairs on the input, measures the values and re-inserts power onto the output data
- Measure power without interruption of data
- Works with managed or unmanaged Ethernet switches, or injectors
- Works with midspan or endspan PoE systems
All PoE modes and also DC voltages from 3.5 volts to 57 volts
PoE Device simulation
Force a PoE switch to activate
2.1 x 5.5mm input/output for PSU testing
Use the included 2.1mm jumper cable for inline testing
One Volt and Ammeter
The DC input and PoE inputs share the same measurement tool. PoE voltages will be output on both DC connectors so do not mix DC and PoE testing
4 Display Modes
- Mode A – shows the status of pins 1,2 and 3,6 from the RJ45 In to RJ45 Out
- Mode B - shows the status of pins 4,5 and 7,8 from the RJ45 In to RJ45 Out
- DC testing shows the status from the 2.1mm DC plug In to DC plug Out
- 802.3af simulation causes an 802.3af or 802.3at switch to activate. Note – only 802.3af mode will be activated
Voltage Range – 2% accuracy
- 802.3af simulation – 44 to 56 volts
- Mode A passive – 4 to 56 volts
- Mode B passive – 4 to 56 volts
- DC connector – 3.5 to 57 volts
Amps measured- 2% accuracy
- Mode A and Mode B – 0 to 1500 ma
- DC connector – 0 to 5 amps
Battery Free operation
The Tester requires just 200 mW for operation, taking power from the PoE source (4 mA at 48v, 8 mA at 24v)
Reverse Power warning
- Mode A input can be either polarity. Note – the output polarity will be converted to pins 3,6 + and 1,2 minus
- Mode B will only work if pins 4,5 are +. Use the WS-CS-RJ45 adapter for reverse passive polarity injectors
- DC mode is center positive. Reverse polarity will damage the Tester
Output Voltage warning
- The tester operates as a splitter, therefore up to 48 volts can be output on both DC jacks. Don’t mix PoE testing and DC supply testing
- The RJ45 output voltage is rectified and will be 0.5 volts lower than the input
No Fuse protection
There are no fuses inside – please do not exceed the rated values